Head coach & coach development lead - are you the one?
Coach Development Lead & Head Coach - Norwegian Cricket Federation
Part of The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports (NIF)
Norwegian Cricket Federation (NCF) is one of 55 national federations within The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports (NIF). Founded in 1994, NCF includes approximately 3400 members, 2100 of them active players spread amongst 59 clubs throughout the country. Additionally, 20 teams participate in our youth league along with further women’s cricket activities. Norwegian cricket has experienced significant growth in recent years, both domestically and internationally. We are an Associate voting member of the ICC with high potential growth status, and we enjoy strong direct relationships with ICC Europe and our National Olympic Committee (NIF). The NCF administration is located at the House of Sports, Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo.
With NCFs increased recognition and growth, we have ambitious plans in the years ahead. With an increasing number of clubs and teams that are rapidly expanding – across male, female and youth sections – NCF are looking for an exceptional and ambitious candidate to (i) lead our efforts in developing our high-performance programmes, in order to increase our international competitiveness and (ii) grow the number of qualified coaches in Norway, offering them opportunities to develop and support cricketers of all ages and abilities. If you have the required set of skills, experience and ambition to take Norwegian cricket to the next level and want to work in an exciting and ambitious Associate Member Nation in Europe, we want to hear from you!
Job title: Coach Development Lead & Head Coach
Role: Dual role, part time
Duration: 2 years contract open for renewal
Reports to: General Secretary, Norwegian Cricket Federation
Salary: Competitive (dependent on skills and experience)
Location: Oslo, Norway
Startup: Immediate (pending existing employment commitments and/or Visa requirements)
Norwegian Cricket is looking to recruit a Head Coach & Coach Development Lead, where the successful candidate will be expected to divide his/her time appropriately between both roles.
The principal responsibilities relating to the Head Coach function will be to develop and run the High-Performance programs for all Norwegian National teams (Male, Female and Junior/u19s); to improve the depth and skillset of players from the Norwegian domestic cricket structure to equip them to represent Norway at ICC- events and bilateral series.
The Coach Development Lead function will require the candidate to oversee the design and delivery of the Federation’s work to both grow the number of coaches – at all levels – in Norway as well as offering clear coaching pathways for aspiring coaches.
The responsibility and time-allocation for the role will be divided as follows, with some flexibility based on the successful candidate’s qualification:
- Part time, 50% full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Dual role, Coach Development Lead and Head Coach
- Period June – November (possible to adjust within our season)
COACH DEVELOPMENT LEAD - ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage Coach Development Programme and structures with support from NCF General Secretary
- Lead on Coach Education for new and aspiring coaches to help enhance the level of coaching at club level:
- Upskill existing coaches
- Recruit and educate new coaches, at all levels
- Scout possible coaches for further education
- Mentor high-potential coaches and players & offer opportunities to these coaches
- Design a clear and ambitious pathway for all coaches using the ICC’s Coach Development resources
- Collaborate with clubs and existing coaches throughout Norway, offering opportunities & support
- Conduct coaches’ workshops and forum for all as well as women-only sessions
- Foster a strong Norwegian coaching network locally, as well amongst Europeans/international peers
- Adhere to NCF Code of conduct and Norges Idrettsforbund (NIF) relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Deliver coach-specific programs – from Entry-Level coaching to High Performance
HEAD COACH - ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Head Coach for the Norwegian Cricket Federation (NCF) Men’s, Women’s and U19 national teams adapted to scheduled tournaments/series each year
- Head coach to follow up and polishing the national team player`s skills
- Preparation/Training camps to commence 2/3 weeks prior to each tournaments/series for the Men’s, Women’s and U19 national teams.
- Represent all national team’s tournaments/series
- Develop a positive high-performance culture according to NCFs strategy and performance plans
- Develop High-performance camps and skill training camps
- Implement High-performance Program which can run all year round, mainly winter
- Evaluate team and player performances post-tournaments and tours.
- Deliver individual 1:1 coaching and skill sessions for players
- Prepare individual player development programs for all national team players
- Work closely with NCF’s Selection Committee in the player selection process – CLICK HERE
- Administrative preparation and planning for national teams’ tournaments
- Conduct yearly appraisals for the assistant coaches and support their development needs
- Learn and understand the Norwegian club structure intimately and actively build relationships with coaches from all clubs in Norway
- ECB Level 3 or 4 coaching qualification, or international equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate experience in managing/designing Coach Education programmes
- Coach Development Qualification preferred
- Recognized and up to date First-Aid trained
- Understand Long-term Athlete Development
- Experience and knowledge of high-performance cricket in line with ICC structures and pathways
- Ability to identify and develop talent.
- Positive attitude with energy, focus and drive
- Demonstrable leadership skills and comfortable managing and mentoring others
- Passionate about cricket & ambitious in growing the game in Europe
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written) as well as organizational / time management skills
- Open-minded and a self-starter
- High level of integrity along with strong moral principles
- NCF General Secretary
- NCF Administration/Staff
- NCF Board
- NCF Selection Committee
- Captain/vice-captain and players
- Local cricket clubs
- Great development opportunities, to bring Norwegian cricket to the next level
- Flexible hours, with some evening and weekend work/travel to be expected
- Exciting challenges within a Federation focusing on quality and development in everything we do
- Be part of the umbrella organization NIF, including 1.9 million memberships spread over approx. 9,500 sports teams within 55 sports federations
- An environment where cricket is one of the fastest growing sports nationally
- International collaboration with other Cricket Federations across Europe
Interested applicants should send a covering letter along with a CV to Gry Bruaas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an initial discussion and/or follow-up interview.
Note that the start date of this role is negotiable, but ideally as soon as possible. Application deadline April 1, 2022.